Our Sustainability Pledge
Here at GladRags, we're in the business of reducing our negative environmental impact on the Earth. We don't just limit our eco-friendly mission to the products we sell: our commitment to sustainability is integrated into every aspect of how we do business. Read on to learn about our pledge, our partnerships, and the awards we've received.
For our customers, we pledge to:
- Provide GladRags in organically-grown cotton
- Source materials from local suppliers when available
- Utilize recycleable, recycled, and/or biodegradable shipping and packaging materials
- Provide high-quality reusable products rather than single-use disposable products
- Promote healthy, conscientious living through our products, blog, newsletter, and website
- Provide opportunities for our customers to actively participate in fostering positive global change
In the office, we pledge to:
- Recycle all paper, aluminum, and glass materials to reduce office waste
- Purchase recycled and/or recycleable office supplies whenever possible
- Limit printing to reduce paper
- Encourage staff bike commuting by participating in the Bicycle Commuter Act
- Support U.S. manufacturing and adhere to fair labor practices
- Hire individuals with developmental disabilities to promote community inclusion and access to meaningful work for all
GladRags is a Certified Benefit Corporation
Certified B Corporations are a new type of corporation which uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problem. We became a B Corp to challenge ourselves to continually improve and to ensure that we continue to maintain our core values of environmental and social justice as our business grows.
GladRags is a Gold Level Green America Certified Business
GladRags has been a member of Green America since 1994, and has been certified by the Green Business Network as an environmentally and socially responsible business. We earned the Gold tier by adopting principles and practices that demonstrate a strong commitment to conserving the environment and supporting social justice.
GladRags is a Cruelty-Free Company
In 1996, eight national animal protection groups banded together to form the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (CCIC). The CCIC promotes a single comprehensive standard and an internationally recognized Leaping Bunny Logo. Their mission is to work with companies to help make shopping for animal-friendly products easier and more trustworthy.
GladRags has been certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny since 2002. Sign the cruelty-free shopping pledge here.