Our mission is to positively transform the experience of menstruation through reusable menstrual products & relevant education
Founded in 1993, GladRags is a small business with big ideas: to make cloth pads and menstrual cups go mainstream and empower menstruators everywhere. From our office in Portland, Oregon, we ship comfortable, thoughtfully-designed reusable menstrual products to customers all over the world. Our menstrual cup, XO Flo, and full range of cloth pad styles provide menstruators of all types with body-friendly, versatile options that they can rely on for years.
GladRags champions period positivity by replacing disgust and disposability with celebration and reusability. By reinforcing that menstruation is normal and educating the community about reusables, we erode the myth that periods should be shamed and hidden. As a result, cloth pads and menstrual cups have rapidly shifted from “alternative menstrual hygiene” to an option that’s increasingly being embraced by the mainstream, particularly as the benefits like cost savings, concern for the environment, and the desire for a more comfortable period are being heralded by a growing GladRags online community.
GladRags is a Certified Benefit Corporation
We create products to help you reduce your impact on the planet, and integrate our commitment to environmental and social justice into every aspect of how we do business. This holistic approach to doing business is why we chose to become one of the first businesses in Oregon to become a certified legal Benefit Corporation.
As a woman-owned company that insists on a sustainable approach to business, we use local bike delivery to receive finished goods from our local sewing partner, pay meticulous attention to waste reduction, and put our company values of curiosity, inclusivity, and positivity into the very heart of the GladRags brand.
Through our public B Impact Report, anyone can access performance data about the social and environmental practices that stand behind our products.
Certified Benefit Corporation highlights
- GladRags has been independently owned by women since day one. GladRags is currently owned by Tracy Puhl.
- We provide high-quality reusable products rather than single-use disposable products.
- All GladRags orders are packaged in recycled, recycleable, and/or biodegradable materials.
- GladRags believes strongly in U.S. manufacturing and will never move labor overseas.
- We source materials from local and/or woman-owned suppliers whenever possible.
- We believe in transparency and fairness and strive to embody these values in our business practices.
- GladRags is a Leaping Bunny Certified Cruelty-Free company. You can sign the cruelty-free shopping pledge here.
- We work with local non-profit partners to bring educational workshops and free menstrual products to marginalized members of our community.
The GladRags Team
Tracy is a knitter, quilter, cat lady, and born-and-raised Portlander. She enjoys baking and always dances at weddings.
Kelsey is an amateur filmmaker, hiker, and musical theatre expert. She can be found at your local coffee shops and favorite concert venues.
Margaux is an amateur soil scientist, mother, and dark beer & taco enthusiast. She has a monthly chocolate budget and can make amazing fried rice.
Must-have GladRags products: Everything in the XO Flo Plus Kit!
Kelli is a freelance communications specialist, home kombucha brewer, rookie ukelele player, and mom to 2 kids who aren't afraid to say "menstrual cup".
We're always seeking passionate, enthusiastic brand ambassadors who want to help us convert more folks to reusable menstrual products. Learn more and apply to become an ambassador here.
We are not currently hiring. Please feel free to email us if you'd like us to keep your resume on hand for next time!